Divorce Lawyer in Walnut Creek, CA
If you are facing a divorce or a family law issue, you need a skilled and compassionate lawyer who can guide you through the legal process. At Law Offices of Cynthia A. Hannon, we understand how stressful and emotional divorce can be, and we are here to help you protect your rights and interests.
We have over 30 years of experience in handling all aspects of divorce and family law, including:
- Child custody and visitation
- Child support and spousal support
- Property division and debt allocation
- Domestic violence and restraining orders
- Prenuptial and postnuptial agreements
- Mediation and collaborative divorce
- Legal separation and annulment
- Modification and enforcement of orders
- Paternity and parental rights
We are committed to providing personalized and effective representation to our clients, whether they need a vigorous advocate in court or a creative problem-solver in mediation. We listen to your goals and concerns, and we work with you to achieve the best possible outcome for your case.
Why Choose Law Offices of Cynthia A. Hannon?
Divorce is not only a legal matter, but also a personal and emotional one. That’s why you need a lawyer who can handle both aspects of your case with care and professionalism. At Law Offices of Cynthia A. Hannon, we offer:
- Experience: We have been practicing exclusively in divorce and family law for over three decades, and we have handled hundreds of cases in Walnut Creek and surrounding areas. We know the law, the courts, the judges, and the local procedures, and we use our knowledge and skills to your advantage.
- Compassion: We understand that divorce is one of the most difficult experiences you can go through, and we treat you with respect and empathy.
- Communication: We keep you informed and involved throughout your case, and we respond to your calls and emails promptly. We explain your options and the possible outcomes of your case, and we answer your questions and address your concerns. We are always honest and transparent with you, and we respect your decisions.
- Dedication: We are passionate about helping our clients achieve their goals and protecting their interests. We work hard to prepare your case and advocate for your rights, and we do not back down from a challenge. We are always ready to negotiate, mediate, or litigate your case, depending on what is best for you and your family.
Divorce in Walnut Creek, CA
Divorce is a complex and often contentious process that involves many legal issues and decisions. If you are considering or going through a divorce in Walnut Creek, CA, here are some important things you should know:
- California is a no-fault divorce state, which means that you do not have to prove any wrongdoing by your spouse to get a divorce. You only have to state that you have irreconcilable differences that make your marriage impossible to continue.
- California has guidelines for calculating child support and spousal support, based on various factors such as income, expenses, custody, and duration of marriage. However, the court has discretion to deviate from the guidelines if there are special circumstances or needs. Child support and spousal support can be modified or terminated if there is a significant change in circumstances.
- Marital assets will be subject to division between both spouses
- You and your spouse will be expected to submit all of your financial information for the division of marital assets
- You should also submit a parenting plan, including your requests regarding children’s custody and visitation
When you start your divorce process, you can expect a lot of paperwork and deadlines to meet. Cynthia can help you comply with all the requirements and advise you on potential solutions to reach agreements with your ex-spouse or fight for you. The goal is that you focus on the welfare of your family and help them overcome this stage while she takes care of your legal needs.
Contact Us Today
If you are looking for a divorce lawyer in Walnut Creek, CA, look no further than the Law Offices of Cynthia A. Hannon.